Acceptable Use Policy
- Prohibited usage and behavior
It is strictly forbidden to:
- Disseminate or transmit unsolicited messages, chain letters, unsolicited commercial email or unreasonably large volumes of email on a daily basis. Chance Korte Solutions, at its sole discretion, may permit you, if you have a legitimate purpose and after written request, to send CAN SPAM-compliant mass mail after receiving our full authorization;
- Disseminate or transmit any material that, to a reasonable person may be abusive, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, harassing, grossly offensive, vulgar, threatening or malicious;
- Disseminate or transmit files, graphics, software or other material, data or work that actually or potentially infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any person;
- Create a false identity or to otherwise attempt to mislead any person as to the identity, source or origin of any communication;
- Export, re-export or permit downloading of any message or content in violation of any export or import law, regulation or restriction of the United States and its agencies or authorities, or without all required approvals, licenses and/or exemptions;
- Interfere, disrupt or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any computer system, server, network or account for which you do not have authorization to access or at a level exceeding your authorization;
- Disseminate or transmit any virus, trojan horse or other malicious, harmful or disabling data, work, code or program;
- Engage in any other activity deemed by Chance Korte Solutions to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of this agreement or any Chance Korte Solutions policy;
- Use your server as an “open relay” or similar purposes;
- Run a public recursive DNS service on your server. Chance Korte Solutions is the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision.
- Violations of system or network security are prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability. Examples include, but are not limited to the following: unauthorized access, use, probe, or scan of a systems security or authentication measures, data or traffic. Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks. Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting.
- Enforcement of prohibited usage
When a server is found in breach of the present agreement, the following enforcement procedures will be executed, depending on the type of prohibited activity detected on the server. If multiple infractions/violations are detected Chance Korte Solutions, may, at its discretion suspend services regardless of the outlined procedures below:
|Copyrighted content detected in the server or DMCA takedown request/complaint||Customer is contacted. Server is suspended after 24 hours if no response is received.|
|Botnet / DDoS activity detected (including spam botnets or blasting)||Immediate suspension of the server. Customer is contacted and explanation is requested. The server will be formatted before being reactivated. The server will be permanently suspended after two infractions.|
|Malware found in server (excluding botnets or severe issues)||Customer is contacted. Server is suspended after 24 hours if no response is received. Severe issues will warrant immediate suspension at Chance Korte Solutions' discretion.|
|IP blacklisted due to malware||Customer is contacted. Server is suspended after 24 hours if no response is received. Severe issues will warrant immediate suspension at Chance Korte Solutions' discretion.|
|IP blacklisted due to spamming||Customer is contacted. Server is suspended after 24 hours if no response is received. Evidence of direct violation of the Terms of Service or spamming will result in immediate suspension.|
|Phishing detected||Immediate suspension of the server. Customer is contacted and explanation is requested. Server will only be reactivated after being formatted.|
|Impersonation of a person or company is detected||Immediate suspension of the server. Customer is contacted and explanation is requested.|
|Gross / offensive content found (e.g. illegal pornography)||Immediate and permanent suspension of the server.|
|Harm or harassment detected||Customer is contacted. Server is suspended after 24 hours if no response is received.|
|PayPal dispute or credit card chargeback initiated||Associated products and services will be immediately suspended.|
- Resource Abuse
You agree to following resource usage limitations and their respective enforcement procedures:
- A server may not burst to over 95% of CPU usage for over 5 minutes without having its resource priority temporarily lowered, and it may not burst to over 95% of CPU usage for over 15 minutes without being restarted or suspended.
- A server running sustained CPU usage of over 50% for 2 hours or longer will have its resource priorities temporarily lowered. If it exceeds the 4-hour mark at 50% or more, it will be restarted or suspended.
- All servers are limited to up to 300 simultaneous processes running.
- A server running 80 IOPS for 2 hours or longer will have its resource priorities temporarily lowered.
- A server may write 100 MB/s for up to 5 minutes without having its resource priorities temporarily lowered, and up to 15 minutes without being restarted or suspended.